Sunday, October 17, 2010

Drive-By Shooting

My friend is a wonderful photographer, and he continually amazes me with the images he produces from the inside of his car. While we all know that texting while driving is illegal, nobody ever told Steve he couldn’t shoot while cruising down the highway!

Yesterday as my husband and I were running errands, the sun peeked out from behind the clouds, revealing a beautiful autumn morning. I thought of my friend and tried emulating his technique. While I can’t claim his fame…these were, after all, shot from the passenger side of the vehicle…they were taken as we traveled down the highway at 50 m.p.h.

Steve…these are for you! J



4 comments:

J.L.Velez said...

I like how the grass is rippling in the second picture. It's like you're moving forward and the grass is moving backwards! :) Great job!

Bridget said...

wow such sharp pix for a drive by!!!!!
i also noticed the wind blown grass. nice texture.

Linda said...

Nice drive-bys. It's definitly easier to photograph while moving when you're the passenger.

Framing Images and Memories said...

ahhh. shucks...that is such a nice tribute! I hope the police doesn't read your blog! Good job too..this could open up a new genre for you...extreme photography!