Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday Driver!


“Sunday driver!” we’d shout in fun at the slowpoke car in front of us.

Growing up, the term “road rage” hadn’t been invented yet. So when we kids were bouncing along in the back seat (that was before seat belts!) while Daddy drove and Mommy sat beside him, holding the baby in her lap (before mandatory car seats, too!)…we’d simply giggle and yell “Sunday driver!” as Daddy sped by the poky car ahead of us.

Ah, one more sweet memory…and yet another “Bits ‘n Pieces” of my life!

3 comments:

Bridget said...

great story and terrific pix.love this post....vintage trish :)

imagesisee.blogspot.com said...

I agree with Bridget. I love the rear-view reflection of the car going the other way. And the composition. And the story.

Isn't it nice to be in the passenger seat with the camera in hand once in a while? I always have such fun when I'm the passenger and I can get the funky, out-of-the ordinary (at least for me) shots.

Marty said...

Ditto...great story & pic!...It's a wonder we all survived those dangerous car rides...Babies in the front seat, no seat belts for anybody!