Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Intersection: Images I Saw


As I write this, the effects of Hurricane Irene can be seen – and heard – as the wind pounds rain against my windows.  Gazing at the storm outside, it’s incredible to think that just a few days ago I was out there, enjoying a picture-perfect summer day…doing what I love best.

My friend, Linda, and I were in the city of Albany, shooting with Canons to our hearts’ content.  (Don’t get the wrong idea…there was no gunfire…just the sweet sound of the shutter clicking!) 

This outing was planned weeks ago, with the stipulation that we wouldn’t go unless the weather was good.  Perfect weather, actually.  We wanted a pretty day with blue skies.  Fortunately, Lady Luck was on our side.  For not only were we blessed to have a sunshiny day with lovely blue skies and fluffy white clouds, but the temperature was perfect, too! 

Standing at the intersection of Clinton Avenue and North Pearl Street, these are the images I saw:




Rain, rain, go away
Please bring back
Another shooting day!

5 comments:

Marty said...

You really did have beautiful blue skies that day...very nice!

Dee said...

Beautiful......

Framing Images and Memories said...

I like the lady in the last photo..well not her specifically (is she single?). She adds to the photo. I can tell you went on a weekend, the city looks empty.

Linda said...

Nice Trish. I love the wide image of the Palace. Too bad about the traffic lights though, but imagine what havoc there would be without them there.

It truly was a great day--thank you again, my friend, for going with me.

Bridget said...

wow you did get a pretty sky to shoot!
very nice images . sounds like you had a great day.