Sunday, September 18, 2011

sil·hou·ette n





1“An outline of somebody or something filled in with black or a dark color on a light background, especially when done as a likeness or work of art.”


America’s Got Talent 2011 (Season 6): 

And the winner is ... Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr.!


Ooops…there goes my story!  I had it all planned, too.  I visualized  “And the winner is…” followed by a drumroll…“THE SILHOUETTES!” 



I was going to post an image of my favorite AGT-2011 contestants in action,
and then honor the winners with my own silhouette.  The best laid plans…[sigh]…well, there’s no sense in feeling sorry for myself.


Actually, I have a confession to make.  Wednesday night, I was glued to the TV waiting for the big announcement.  It was down to the final two acts:  The Silhouettes, a large group of young, very talented dancers, and Landau Eugene Murphy Jr., a guy with a golden voice like Sinatra’s, trying to provide for his family on a poor car washer’s salary.  The American Dream versus the American Dream. 

As America waited, the silence was deafening.  Suddenly, I found myself secretly rooting for Landau.  How could that be?  Sure, those kids deserved the million bucks.  But by the time it was divided among 40 zillion children and taxes were taken out, how much money would that really be for each of them?  I thought of Landau, and what a million dollars would mean for him and his family. 

I crossed my fingers and furtively hoped my husband’s first choice would win.  He did.  In my heart, though, all of the very talented finalists are winners!

1Encarta® World English Dictionary © 1999 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

got to love the underdog!
love your silhouette. beautiful sky in the background.

Linda said...

Great post. I never watch that show. I'm addicted to too many others. Can't wait for Dancing With the Stars and American Idol return.

Don't know the details but according to your post, I think the right person won. I'm with Bridget--yeah for the underdog (if he/she really deserves it).

Love the silhouette!