Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Role Model


Yesterday morning my friends and I attended an art fair. While I didn’t capture anything of interest from the fair, I did catch my friend, Bridget, in this silhouette:

Even though today is Father’s Day, I’d like to pay tribute to this incredible woman. Bridget never stood behind her good man, but rather beside him…raising five wonderful children while pursuing a professional career of nurturing to the sick and wounded.

As if that isn’t enough to keep her busy, Bridget not only finds time to enjoy her passion for photography (see “Bridget’s Page” at http://bph50.blogspot.com) …but now is in training for a triathlon!

Bridget, you are an awesome woman and my role model!


3 comments:

Framing Images and Memories said...

A deserving tribute to all mothers, like yoursef on this Father's Day. Maybe we should call it Parents/Mentor day for all those people that make a difference. Your photo is wonderful..how did you get the golden background?

Bridget said...

oh trish, your generosity of spirit is shining through!
thank you for the kind words .i want to argue many points but i will just say thank you and be grateful for such a wonderful friend.
i like the silhouette very much.
the yellow background really enhances the pix.

Linda said...

I agree, what a nice tribute--and one that's well-deserved.

I, too, love the yellow background.