Friday, July 9, 2010

Bokeh

In photography, bokeh is the blur, or the aesthetic quality of the blur, in out-of-focus areas of an image, or "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokeh)

This was my first attempt at bokeh, and I found it to be incredibly difficult and challenging. Nevertheless, I gave it a shot!




Thanks for the assignment, Linda. It was certainly a learning experience I won’t soon forget! “If at first you don’t succeed…try, try again!”

And I will.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That's a tricky assignment. The bokeh is out of focus because it's NOT the focal point of the picture. Yet for this assignment, it was all you were thinking about, so it became the mental focus! :-)

Bridget said...

you did a nice job with this.
i esp like the clock.

Linda said...

Again, Trish, very nice and I like your choice of subjects.

I think we should try this again--maybe when it's a little cooler.