Sunday, May 22, 2011

MR. DING-A-LING













Remember being a kid in the summertime and hearing the sweet melody of the ice-cream truck jingle coming down your street?


Heart racing, you’d make a mad dash for home, hoping there’d be time to beg mom or dad for money and rush back before the music faded away.

If you were lucky, the ice cream truck had stopped for some other kid and you made it back in time, clutching your coins.

And if you weren’t so lucky…

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!

3 comments:

Framing Images and Memories said...

Nice image.. you are really hopeful aren't you? You think summer is going to show up?

Linda said...

I almost got an ice cream from the truck yesterday at the Spring Fling, but I didn't cause I wanted to get a hot-fudge sundae from Karen's on my way home.

But the musical truck certainly takes me back when I hear it.

Bridget said...

with total abandonment of dignity i have chased that darn truck after cleaning out the change jar. some things you only do for your children :)