Sunday, May 15, 2011

One Week Later

Last week I posted some images of the old First Baptist Church in Gloversville, which is currently in the process of demolition. 

Saturday morning my husband mentioned that Main Street had been blocked off on Friday to enable the demolition crew accessibility to the church.  Curious as to how much progress had been made, I checked out the site on my way home from an appointment.

To refresh your memory, this is how the scene looked on Saturday, May 7:

And now…one week later:

Long ago I learned a good lesson from a great teacher:  after taking the shot, turn around!

Those words, spoken many years ago, were on my mind as I pressed the shutter button.  Slowly, I turned around and discovered this scene to my left:
...and then noticed this view to my right:
I had a wise teacher!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Good for you for going back. And good for you for looking around. I'm always amazed at what you can see when you do that.

Now you'll have to go back every couple of days just to keep us updated on the progress of the demolition.

Framing Images and Memories said...

Nice Job Trish. A sad subject but better to demolish than have another abandoned building standing around.

Marty said...

Very nice...and yes you did have a wise teacher!

Bridget said...

really nice.
i know who your teacher is and i have often followed the same rule after hearing you tell of it.
if i see you and your camera around 4400 east main i will be nervous nd looking for that wrecking ball:)