Sunday, November 6, 2011

DOWN WITH FRACKING!




A few months ago, Sharon Springs sprang into battle against hydro-fracking by holding a “Day of Action.”  Community members were urged to express their thoughts and concerns about fracking.  Color fabric markers and blank flags were provided…along with music and cookies!  The unique results can be seen blowing in the wind, creating a beautiful statement of protest.

To read more about the campaign against hydro-fracking, click on this link:

“I am only one, but still I am one.  I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” ~ Helen Keller

5 comments:

Linda said...

Love these images especially the diagonal one. I'm really out of the loop "news-wise" so I hadn't even heard of hydro-fracking.

I love your ending quote. I'm going to copy it and post it around my house.

And again, your slide show is wonderful. I can't wait to hear what Lori says about her parent's ractions to it.

Framing Images and Memories said...

I like pieces with a message and so I'm drawn to these photos. The two images work together. Without the 'bigger' photo the close up would lose perspective. Nice job!

Marty said...

Ditto on all the above...The flags made really nice pictures...Takes me back to the day we saw them! :-)

Bridget said...

nicely done trish! agree with steve. seeing the large picture helps you appreciate the smaller one which i love!

Bridget said...

holy god it took me 3 or 4 tries to make a comment!