Sunday, January 8, 2012

My Guys


Why did I wait until the last five minutes of his visit to capture some memories? 



Actually, that is not entirely true.  One night I took a couple of practice shots using my new Gary Fong Lightsphere (a wonderful Christmas gift from him).  Here he is, enjoying his new Kindle (a gift from me and his dad).  Talk about an ironic twist.







At any rate, that was all the shooting of him I did until he was preparing to leave.  I don’t know why I waited until he was practically out the door before I grabbed my camera.  Perhaps because I know how much he hates being photographed by me.  Or possibly because the mood was never right.  I don’t know.  But I did know that I could not let him go without some parting shots.




Farewell, my son.  See you in a few months!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Wow, I guess I didn't realize that he's taller than Roger. When did that happen? I remember when he only came up to your waist or so, and than means he was really little.

And I know what you mean about waiting till the last minute to get some pics. Remember I told you the story about dropping Caleb off at the mall and then texting him to stay put so I could get some parting shots of him. We might be losing it, girlfriend.

I love the one of Dave reading his Kindle, and yeah, that Gary Fong gadget works super-good. I may have to look into getting one.

Sarah said...

Ditto to Linda's comment about the heights of "your guys". But...as much as you love photography, I'm glad you spent your precious time WITH him, not making him pose for pictures! :-)

Marty said...

VERY NICE PHOTOS! Sounds like me when I visit Julia...Grabbing my camera just before I leave to get a bunch of shots!

Bridget said...

getting so grown up and handsome:)
happy you had a nice visit.