Sunday, February 19, 2012

Durinda's Retirement Party


For many years, she was simply a voice on the other end of the line.  A sweet, kind voice I might add.  Through this connection, she and I became work buddies. 

Approximately seven years ago, an opportunity presented itself for us to meet in person.  Finally, a face to match that pleasant voice! 

My work buddy, Durinda, is retiring soon and this past Friday she was honored for her dedicated years of service.  I was there with my camera to capture those memories.






I took the standard, serious shot of Durinda with her co-workers, but I like this silly version better! 


Dear Dee,
Best wishes for a happy retirement.  I’m going to miss you, my friend! 
Hugs, trishalyn

Life begins at retirement.  ~Author Unknown 

4 comments:

Linda said...

Again--great shots. I know she'll be thrilled with them. What great images to record the event for her.

Dee said...

You are a true gem, Trishalyn. and a true friend. You have such a gentle way about you. Thank you so much for coming, I know you really don't like that kind of thing, but you did it "for me". You are one of the most giving people I know. I'm going to miss you very much.

Big Hug coming your way........

Sally said...

Durinda it is going to be a lonely place without you in the suite. I don't have too many people to talk to about "our dogs". You have a great retirement and enjoy everyday to its fullest. Don't forget to stop in and please keep sending those posts. Going to miss you kid. It's been 24 years since we met at 152 W. Main St. and I hope we have about 100 more from here on. You've been a great friend. Our hugs and tears and support have meant a lot to me and I'll never forget going to see Cesar at the Palace (a night I'll always remember for life). Thanks for being a good friend.
Love,
Sally

Bridget said...

love the rabbit ears shot. so full of life and the fun of the moment!