Sunday, June 10, 2012

My Sketch App


Our photo club met at Linda’s house a couple of weeks ago.  Whoever hosts the meeting selects our next assignment, and she gave us a fun topic with a slight hitch. 

The assignment?  Black/White Street Photography!  The hitch?  We must shoot in black/white; no postproduction conversion is allowed.

So there we were, cameras in hand, fiddling with the dials and buttons, searching for our monochrome setting.  Across from me sat Jayme, intently studying her camera.  I stole a picture, then asked her to smile for me, which Jayme…being a good sport…did.
I thought it would be fun to make a sketch out of Jayme’s portrait…and it was!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Love it!! I guess we were on the same page with the "special effects" idea. The original image is wonderful, but the "sketch" makes it even better.

Marty said...

Love the sketch!

Bridget said...

cool.
love that smile :)

Framing Images and Memories said...

Beautiful sketch. Another 'fun' tool.