Sunday, November 18, 2012

Scavenger Hunt – Week #17


Something with stripes”

CAUTION: PARENTAL GUIDANCE REQUIRED.
THE FOLLOWING PRESENTATION
NOT SUITABLE FOR YOUNG CHILDREN
OR THE SQUEAMISH.

After spending all day sitting through a defensive driving course, I was eager to grab my camera and start hunting for “something with stripes.” My husband decided to tag along, and we headed to town.

We had barely hit the road when he slammed on the brakes. “There's your stripes!” my husband exclaimed. I looked out the window in disbelief. Roadkill? “You've got to be kidding!” He wasn't, so I dutifully took the shot and got back in the car.
I had a barbershop in the back of my mind for this assignment, so that was our first stop once we arrived in town.
The barber pole wasn't as colorful as I'd expected and this image did nothing for me. The hunt continued. Go west, young man.

Actually, I instructed my driver to go north. We'd only driven a couple of blocks when the hunt for stripes ended. “Pull over here!” I cried.
I wish there had been a breeze to capture the flag in full glory, but I really liked the juxtaposition of the two forms of stripes against the deep blue sky.
The end!

3 comments:

Framing Images and Memories said...

Another fantastic interpretation on your part. You went the extra mile (literally) and it paid off. The roadkill is priceless!

Marty said...

Cute story and you nailed it at the end! I was going to ask why you were in a defensive driving course, but then I remembered you get a discount on your insurance!

Linda said...

I love your interpretations of the topic, especially the roadkill. Kudos to Roger, but especially to you for actually taking the picture.

The composite of the flag and the KFC store was a great find.

Nice job.