Sunday, August 12, 2012

Scavenger Hunt – Week #3


“smart”

First, I rummaged around my house, searching for “smart.”   I found it!
Next, I hunted through my photo library for images that embody the word “smart.”  I found it there, too!
In my opinion, Dr. King was a great man who personified the term “smart.”
The Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial opened to the public on August 22, 2011.  Interestingly, its official address (1964 Independence Avenue, S.W.) commemorates the year that the Civil Rights Act of 1964 became law.  I had the opportunity to visit this magnificent national park when I was in D.C. this past May. 

“I have a dream…” lives on.

4 comments:

Framing Images and Memories said...

These are perfect images in their own right and perfect for the assignment. Nice job!

Marty said...

I thought sure I was going to see Dave's picture next under the dictionary!

Linda said...

Nice images. I was glad to see that you took the assignment so literally in the first image because even though I thought, "oh no, an abstract topic" when I first saw the topic, my idea was for a literal interpretation too.

I like the perspective in the second image.

The third one....well, when I first looked at it, my eye went immediately to the right side of the image, and then traveled to the left where the wall gets smaller and I thought that was great. But the more I looked at it, I realized that looking at the left side and letting it draw me across to the right side is kind of like listening to some peaceful music that crescendos with a triumphant cymbal crash.

And, of course, your comments add some nice perspective.

J.L.Velez said...

Trish,
I love your perspective on this assignment! I liked the first two the best. Very clever shots!