Sunday, August 19, 2012

Scavenger Hunt – Week #4


On this week’s list:  “Jumping”

…as in “jumping” in the pool!
(For better viewing, click photo to enlarge)

I must confess…these images were taken last month when I was in Louisiana for my nephew’s wedding. 

The Big Day was hot and steamy when family congregated at my brother’s house for lunch.  While the adults lounged poolside, my nephew’s cousins had a ball jumping in the pool!

Since these were “jumping” images that I had already taken, I tried really hard to photograph specifically for this week’s Scavenger Hunt.  When I couldn’t find a model, I was forced to jump in for a self-portrait. 

I set up a black towel as a backdrop, donned a pair of brightly colored (Easter) socks, and started jumping!  

Have you stopped laughing yet?  Hey…you gotta give me credit for trying!  

3 comments:

Marty said...

Cute! Love your Easter socks! And yes, you get an "A" for trying...Actually I thought your action photos were quite good!

Linda said...

The images of the boys at the pool are great. You captured their expressions wonderfully.

And how creative of you to photograph yourself jumping. Love the socks!

Framing Images and Memories said...

The pool images are done well, as Linda said. And of course you get credit for trying the self-portrait, feet jumping interpretative assignment. And they are interesting.