Sunday, July 1, 2012

An Act of Kindness




Times are tough.  Life is tough. 

Many of my co-workers will not be returning when school opens in September.  A very good friend of mine is one of those casualties. 

Yesterday was my friend’s last day of employment.  She called, excited about showing me a “photo op.”  That’s just like her, always thinking of others.  Concerned about how she was holding up, I planned on popping in on her, anyway.  Besides, I couldn’t let her go without a goodbye hug!

When I arrived, on her desk was a gorgeous bouquet of flowers – a very thoughtful gift from a co-worker.  Her lovely flowers were ablaze with color and contrast.  She was right; it was a beautiful photo op!

The above images are not of my friend’s flowers; they are mine, a birthday gift a few months ago from another thoughtful friend.  But they do represent a lovely act of kindness by one individual to another.

Love and kindness are never wasted.  They always make a difference.  They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.  ~Barbara DeAngelis

2 comments:

Linda said...

Really beautiful images of your bouquet. So sharp and I love the compositions. The bw is very striking.

I'm sure you'll miss your friend, and I know she'll miss you. So sad about what's happened.

Marty said...

Such beautiful COLORS!